The IRS posted updated versions of Form 1099-R (Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc.), Form 5498 (IRA Contribution Information), and updated instructions for these forms. These updated instructions include the new requirement that payments from IRAs to state unclaimed property funds under escheat laws must be reported on Form 1099-R.

Link to Form 1099-R

Link to Form 5498

Link to Instructions for Forms 1099-R and 5498