At the Heart of Our Success
CSi owes its success to the sharp and resourceful people who make up our teams. We thrive with adaptable employees who are willing to take responsibility and make decisions. If this sounds like you—and you are ready to stand out as a visible part of an integrated team—we encourage you to explore career opportunities with CSi.
CSi is a growing company. We recently doubled our floor size and we’re ready to knock down another wall to keep expanding as necessary. Our floor plan is open to support the collaborative work style that has helped propel us to the forefront of our industry. Being part of CSi means being ready to push boundaries and establish new standards.
The environment at CSi is fast-paced and our teams are hard-driving, but we never forget that family comes first. Our teams are made up of diverse individuals with diverse interests: the fact that they lead interesting lives outside of CSi makes them stronger contributors to our teams.
- Design, develop and support OO software features, desktop applications, and web based applications and full installation package including technical documentation and associated unit tests.
- Develop and review functional specifications that include a feature or complete application and set of user interface interactions or work flows.
- Proactively define and deliver the set of tasks and associated milestones for an assigned project and manage the planning, risk identification and mitigation, proactive reporting and updates.
- Profile the performance of a feature or algorithm and make necessary improvements including updates to unit tests.
- Demonstrate ability to understand a business problem and conduct research to find an optimum and affordable solution, design and implement the solution or algorithm and accompanying unit tests.
- Develop software applications that are scalable and designed to be deployed as a web based multi-tenant or single-tenant software service or desktop application.
- Show proficiency in measuring product performance, operational metrics and formulating improvements (document them in the requirements repository) and communicating findings in a concise manner.
- Understand the correct use of Relational Databases, API’s, SDK’s, Source Code and Version Control and Software Deployment Methods. Demonstrate proficiency in interfacing and use of these systems to create and support high quality industry leading software within CSi’s development environment and product architecture.
- Develop interfaces with API’s or SDK’s using a functional specification that has already been completed.
- Demonstrate ability to develop functional specifications associated with an interface to an API or SDK.
- Conduct API and SDK related specification reviews and code reviews and recommend improvements that are consistent with the overall product and technical architecture.
- Demonstrate ability to interface to a relational database application along with unit tests and documentation using a functional specification that includes a normalized design of the tables.
- Use and appropriately applying software design, development and testing methodologies within CSi’s SDLC. Show competency to improve CSi’s capability maturity level as defined by the CMMi to create and support market leading solutions.
- Demonstrate ability to deliver a large feature or complete application using TDD.
- Deliver software for an assigned CSi application using an agile development methodology or a classic waterfall process as suited to the development and business need in a predictable and repeatable manner.
- Pro-actively and clearly define the risks in a given functional specification. A risk constitutes any implementation or solution level unknowns, performance that may not meet requirements, code which needs to be re-used but in an unstable state and needing re-factoring or R&D that needs to be done to solve any open problems.
- Propose options to remove risk or mitigate them in a proactive manner.
- Perform software development for each of the steps in the CSi SDLC in a predictable manner that clearly identifies and mitigates technical risk proactively and manages the delivery of milestones in a collaborative and transparent manner.
- Support CSi software products at business partners in production in coordination with product managers, client services, sales and business development.
Bachelors Degree. An advanced degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- Software development practices, processes and methodologies.
- Web based applications, client/server and nTier applications, and desktop applications/
Five or more years years of progressive experience in software development.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong software engineering and product development skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Superior cross functional collaboration skills.
- Understanding of current technology trends and how they might influence product direction.
- The ability to work as part of integrated teams.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively.
- The ability to develop long term close working relationships based on trust and mutual respect.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Superior proficiency in Microsoft ® Windows environment, Microsoft ® Office, Internet, Email, general computer environment.
If you are interested in the Software Engineer position, please click here and complete the application process at indeed.com.
Compliance Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment and therefore recruit and hire individuals based upon demonstrated abilities, achievements and experience, and without regard to religion, race, color, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, disability, marital status or any other protected class or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.