At the Heart of Our Success
CSi owes its success to the sharp and resourceful people who make up our teams. We thrive with adaptable employees who are willing to take responsibility and make decisions. If this sounds like you—and you are ready to stand out as a visible part of an integrated team—we encourage you to explore career opportunities with CSi.
CSi is a growing company. We recently doubled our floor size and we’re ready to knock down another wall to keep expanding as necessary. Our floor plan is open to support the collaborative work style that has helped propel us to the forefront of our industry. Being part of CSi means being ready to push boundaries and establish new standards.
The environment at CSi is fast-paced and our teams are hard-driving, but we never forget that family comes first. Our teams are made up of diverse individuals with diverse interests: the fact that they lead interesting lives outside of CSi makes them stronger contributors to our teams.
Product Specialist and Counsel
The Product Specialist & Counsel is responsible for the content of CSi’s deposit product and services. The position requires the candidate to utilize industry core competencies, best practices and legal/compliance knowledge as the basis for maintaining and expanding the content of the deposit product in a way that exceeds the expectations of CSi’s business partners and customers. Salary is commensurate with relevant experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Ensure CSi’s products (i) comply with state and federal laws and regulations, (ii) comply with other governing authority requirements and (iii) are enforceable legal instruments subject to product requirements including CSi’s warranties and customer expectations.
- Ensure the efficient, timely and effective use & maintenance of CSi’s Legal/Compliance Research System.
- Commit to and achieve on-time delivery of bug-free products with robust feature sets that meet the specified functional wants & needs of current and prospective customers and business partners.
- Create and deliver products that exceed industry core competencies by creating, supporting and advancing industry best practices.
- Own product content decisions.
- Analyze product related information from all functional groups within CSi, from business partners & customers and from review of competitive offerings & emerging industry trends.
- Assess market demand and competitive products and related industry developments and proactively suggest product changes and/or new opportunities.
- Participate in discussions with customers, internal staff and/or business partners to understand the ramifications associated with each request for change.
- Create enhancement and maintenance project plans according to scheduled/required dates.
- Draft written product requirements which form the basis for enhancements to the product based on feedback from customers and partners; industry knowledge; internal requests; competition.
- Provide support for both internal and external inquiries about the product.
- Review and address logged and pending requests for changes on a regular basis and in a timely and professional manner within CSi’s service level standards.
Preferred Juris Doctor with Bar admission in one of the 50 states or D.C. However, exceptional candidates with a CRCM certification or direct compliance experience in Deposit Operations will be considered.
Preferred 2+ years experience at a financial institution or law firm and knowledgeable in contract law, secured transactions and existing and emerging regulatory rules.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written.
- The ability to work as part of integrated teams.
- The ability to manage details and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to develop long term close working relationship based on trust and respect.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft programs (including Excel).
If you are interested in the Product Specialist and Counsel position, please click here and complete the application process at indeed.com.
Quality Control Analyst
The Quality Control Analyst will perform all product testing required using our approved testing procedures and methodologies. The Quality Control Analyst is responsible for identifying defects and non-conformance to requirements for all software products. Critical to this role is the ability to closely collaborate with cross-functional groups and clearly articulate and communicate (verbal and written) test findings and results. These transactions could be Lending (Consumer, Commercial, Conventional and FHA/VA Mortgages), Deposit (Checking, Savings, CD) and/or IRA (Traditional, Roth, etc) transactions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
For each assigned partner integration, client implementation, or internal project, this position is specifically responsible for:
- Develop test plans, test cases, and test data that is suitable and appropriate for the product and how they are used in the industry and in line with our philosophy of providing banking transaction risk management.
- Develop effective test directions and documentation for test repeat-ability and maintainability.
- Validate and inspect completeness of deliverables associated with each product release ensuring all required components are delivered to customers and/or business partners.
- Perform regression testing and review test results to ensure no previous update/roll-out is removed and any inadvertent/unscheduled change is captured during implementation.
- Accurate communication of status of work being undertaken for project management purposes.
- Review of requirements, specifications, and any additional documentation related to a product update/roll-out, to evaluate scope of testing required and ensure correctness of implementation.
- Assist in drafting requirements for additional testing tools or applications that may be helpful for the Quality Control team.
- Identify new testing techniques and methodologies to achieve more accurate and more efficient test results.
- Collaborate with the software development team to troubleshoot issues (i.e. limitations or defects) with testing tool used and implement corrective actions.
Four-year college education or equivalent work experience in the industry.
- Eight years of work experience in an IT or financial services organization. Five or more years of specific project management experience in software development.
- Waterfall project methodology experience is required, additionally Agile project management is also preferable.
- Client or partner facing project management experience, including workshop planning, solution delivery is required.
- Technology solution delivery of Compliance Documentation, Enterprise Content Management, or Information Governance solutions experience, especially within the financial services industry distinguishes top candidates.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of common software testing procedures and methodologies.
- Hands-on experience with white box and black box testing techniques along with automated testing tools.
- Working closely with the Product Managers and Software Engineers in requirements analysis.
- Strong exploratory testing techniques.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Ability to work as part of an integrated team.
- Ability to follow-up with and manage details.
- Ability to multi-task and self-manage.
- Strong communication skills. Fluency in both verbal and writing skills.
- Ability to mentor, train and support other team members.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Familiarity with use of Issue Tracking or Activity tracking applications.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft® Windows environment, Microsoft® Office, Internet, Email.
- XML or similar structured data format.
If you are interested in the Quality Control Analyst position, please click here and complete the application process at indeed.com.
Compliance Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment and therefore recruit and hire individuals based upon demonstrated abilities, achievements and experience, and without regard to religion, race, color, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, disability, marital status or any other protected class or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.